Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Jackson Update





This is mainly for all of you out-of-towners. I thought I would give you a brief synopsis of what Jackson is up to. We are quickly approaching his first birthday and party preparations are in full swing. It must be wearing him out because for the last couple of weeks he has been sleeping through the night....finally. His loving and well intentioned father has a hard time letting him cry at night so he gets up with the least little peep. I'm not complaining though, I wasn't the one getting up.


I will cover the standard questions I usually get asked.


1. Walking? Not yet. He stands on his own but is not really sure what to do from there. He crawls about 100 mph so for now he much prefers the faster mode of transportation.


2. Teeth? None yet and yes he is almost a year. Stop panicking. My dentist and doctor assure me that there is no need to worry until about 18 months.


3. Talking? He has mastered the word 'up' and says it over and over. Usually with his chin resting against his chest and throws his head back as he says it. He also signs eat, more, ball, finished, milk, cold, and dog.


4.Happy? He is an extremely happy baby and smiles and laughs easily. He loves getting into everything and new favorite game is to throw balls down the stairs and bring them back up. It keeps him entertained for hours. When he tires of that he usually works on long division before his morning nap.
Hope you enjoyed seeing a small part of his life. We sure love him.

1 comment:

the design boss said...

What an adorable little boy! I had no idea that he had no teeth, maybe you will never have to deal with the bitting problems that most people face at one time or another. I would have to agree hands down that he's a keeper!