Two months ago I endured a high speed collision with a linebacker turned soccer player. Who, I can only assume, in a moment of stupor ran the corner blitz right at my knee resulting in a myriad a swear words in my head and a sprained MCL. Fortunately nothing too major. I have been on the injured reserve with full intentions to return in a couple of weeks but here is my dilemma. Unfortunately, I am no stranger to knee injuries. With 4 knee surgeries under my belt I know all too well the pain, cost, inconvenience, and rehab that come with such occurrences.
I don't necessarily feel too old to play just too old to get hurt. I don't have the benefit of PTO or disability insurance in the mothering department. So, do I stick to the non contact sports like swimming, biking, running, croquet? Do I trade this

For This?

Something to think about.
4 comments:
I don't know, but you sure make that soccer ball look gooood!
If it means you will come join my volleyball team I am all for giving it up. :)
Amy:
Your boys are beautiful! It was good to talk to you last night. We would like to invite you over for dinner sometime. We could let the kids play and see how they do.
My email is gklandward@msn.com.
talk to you later,
-karina
I am in the same boat. I hurt my knee a few days before the wasatch back relay, I was bummed. We should start a soccer league that bans idiots.
Post a Comment