Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Stuffed

Over four years of college (changed my major a couple of times) and years of work experience and yet once a month this is how I spend my day.....stuffing envelopes. It is a small part of my small job but I absolutely dread this day and put it off as long as possible. Luckily I have slave labor, Mark, and some good trash TV to pass the time. I mean no offense to the hard working envelope stuffers out there, I just didn't envision adding this to my job description while mapping out my career path.
Speaking of my job I thought I would share a few gems that have been passed along from the local seniors.

1. "I don't need a newsletter I am moving to Idaho where the KGB did not establish the animal control laws." Oookaay?
2. "I like your bracelet."
"Thanks my daughter got it from a lady named Cookie Lee in her ward." Maybe the Pampered Chef is in her ward too.
3. "I was 200 feet from the Arizona when it went down in Pearl Harbor."
"That is amazing."
"What is amazing is that those %$*&, @#%$, #@$$........" I quickly removed myself this very public ranting. So much for patriotism.
4. After taking a body fat test...... "This only confirms what I already knew. I have a smokin' hot body. I wear a size 4 you know." said the 79 year old woman.

Gotta love em.

2 comments:

Bobbi Flinders said...

That Cookie Lee comment made me laugh out loud. That is classic!

Kendell's Crusaders said...

I miss those sweet old farts! It always keeps you on your toes doesn't it? As for the envelopes, I'm so sorry, that is one thing I DON'T miss!