The other day I finally made it out on the bike in preparation for the triathlon. I have been doing spin classes but because of in climate weather I haven't had a chance to try the real deal. Well, things were going well and I successfully gone in and out of the clips several times without incident. (Thanks to practice with Mark in the church parking lot the night before.) We were about 10 miles into it when we stopped at a busy intersection in Layton, by busy I mean Main St and Gentile if you are familiar with the area. Maybe I got a little too confident and thought I would just slow down and hopefully the light would turn green before I had to click out of my pedals. Well, I lost momentum and before I knew it I was heading down still strapped to my bike. I landed in a heap on the sidewalk and came up a bloody, dirty, and humiliated mess. Luckily there were plenty of stopped cars to witness the incident and I am sure they all got a good laugh. I made it home without any more falls but I am still feeling the effects. I don't think adults are supposed to fall off their bikes, you just aren't as resilient as those young tykes.
5 comments:
That had to be embarrassing, but it creates a great story!!
Was that you!!!? I saw it on YouTube. Ha ha ha. Just kidding, I WISH I would have seen it on YouTube. Don't be discouraged. :)
Wow that does not sound like fun. I kind of wish I could have seen that. I wouldn't of laughed though, I would have felt bad for you:) Looks like you had fun in Mexico, I love it there.
I really enjoy your blog Amy! You are funny. Wish I could've seen that, you poor girl! Good luck with the training.
You have now offcially joined the brother/sisterhood of cyclist. Those scrapes are the badge of courage. Love ya Dad
Post a Comment