Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Really?!

Last weekend Mark and I went to a Jazz game and in all honesty, despite my best efforts, I was a little grouchy. I had worked all day, foot-fat was spilling out of my shoes, my back hurt, I had a headache, and I felt as big as a Buick, but I went. I was determined to enjoy the game, sat down, and then the Jazz made their first basket..... much to my astonishment, the woman next to me had fastened a full size cow bell to a lanyard around her neck and rang it incessantly with every point or good play. The Jazz dancers and time-out entertainment were also privileged to her fanfare. I tried to discreetly plug my ear and turn away from her but really, a cow bell 12 inches from your head is not going easily into the night no matter what I did.
Finally at half-time after I traded Mark places to at least put some distance between us and wouldn't you know......she feel asleep! Yes, during the game, fell asleep! All tuckered out from the ringing. She would awake occasionally when the cheering got really loud, ring the bell, and then back to sleep. Really?!
As proof, here is a picture I discretely took with Mark's phone.

5 comments:

LeAnn said...

That is hilarious!!! I love that she was soooo excited then it got the best of her and she decided it was too much and fell asleep!! HAHA!! How are you feeling?

Wight Family said...

I wonder what she was on. Who can sleep at a Jazz game? Really!!?? At least it was noisy enough in there that you couldn't hear her snore if she did! Thank heaven she fell asleep!

Mindi D said...

That is funnY! I love it when people just crash at random places, Really? I wish i could do that!

Emily and company said...

Maybe she was praying for the Jazz.

erin said...

being annoying really takes it out of ya.